Friday, September 28, 2012

Norman Rockwell Wall

Happy Friday Evening from Kusel, Germany!  Today has been a picturesque cool & crisp Fall day.  For myself it was filled with errands, picking up a few groceries at our local post, decorating some more for the upcoming Halloween Party and working on my stairwell wall.  My sweet husband re-sized a great  fleamarket wall hanging coat rack w/ shelf and hung it the other day.  I of course wanted it higher than the "kiddie" looking hooks we had before, so they were no obviously holes that needed to either be patched or covered.  I went with the later.  Originally, I had wanted old french cookbook pages on the wall as "wallpaper" but just couldn't find one at least not one that I was going to take pages out of and tape to a wall.  A few years back my wonderful mother in law had sent me a 2009 Norman Rockwell book calendar.  I liked it so much I just couldn't bring myself to actually use it.  Now, 3years later, I can not only use it, but admire his works each day I walk down my stairs, go to put on my coat or grab my purse.  It definitely brings a smile to my face :o)   What can I say, I'm an easy girl to please!  It's pretty much done, I just ran out of pages and am going to order another Norman Rockwell calendar book, but until then, I'm  pretty satisfied.




The bottom part needs to be finished, but until my Amazon order comes in, this is what I have so far :o)

Thank you for following my blog & have a wonderful weekend

Beverly

1 comment: