Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Big Girls Don't Cry.....THEY THINK FAST!





 Ever been digging for those holiday decorations from the basement?  Maybe you store yours in the attic?  Have you ever been so excited that you try to do the "octopus juggle".  You know the,  one where you tell yourself that you CAN  carry those 6 bags, one large tote filled with stuff and let's not forget the stuff you added to the top too all at once?  Welp, that's the story of my morning.  I planned to sort out all of my Halloween decorations and start preparing for our annual Halloween Party!!!!  I had everything picked up, got the lights turned off, made my way up the stairs and then realized my dilema.  My husband and I had recently re-purposed an old jean factory table into a kitchen island and had temporarily moved our 'lil dinky Ikea kitchen island to the center hallway.  We had also hastily put a small container of stain on top of it.  So I'm looking at this now smaller space that in all my excitement had forgotten about...funny since I had to walk right past it on my way down to the basement.  Anyway, back to my story.  I look down at the stuff in my arms that is now starting to get heavy, look back at the space I have to squeeze past and say Oh it's fine and go!  I was almost there and it happened...CRASH, SPLATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The stain top apparently was not on completely and when it hit the floor the lid came flying off and the contents ended up EVERYWHERE!  Now, when I say everywhere, I literally mean...My shoes, the wall, the lil island, the door, my clothes, the brand new box w/ my chandeliar in it, my face and all over my arms!  Ironically, not one piece of Halloween decor had stain on it! Those items would have actually looked kinda cool with a bit of stain here and there.  So I drop my stuff inside my house ran to the bathroom and think oldest, crappiest looking towels!  As I'm cleaning up the spill I look up at my wooden door and see horrible splatter streaks & think my landlord is going to kill me.  Or is he?  Nope, I took the towel filled stain and started rubbing it all over the door.  It actually looks kinda nice.  Now, an unfinished door has a minor make over all because Big Girls Don't Cray...THEY THINK FAST!  Below here are a few pictures from the morning, the door and even the once deteriorating jean factory table.  

the now stained door


the unstained door

Kitchen Island

As you can see there is tons of storage & its still not completed .  We want to add another shelf and enclose part of it .

this is the original wood & we just alternated flipping the boards to give this beautiful look

Thank you for following my blog & hope everyone has a great day!
Beverly 

No comments:

Post a Comment