Friday, September 28, 2012

Crispy Buffalo Chicken Bites

Today hits 30days since I started on Medifast.  My weigh in today is 239!!!!  So collectively I've lost 11lbs.  Along with a supportive coach,husband and friends, I've been finding and experimenting with lots of Medifast recipes.  Last night, I made Crispy Buffalo Chicken Bites.  I grabbed a bag of the MF parmesean puffs, put them in a ziploc bag & looked around for a hammer or something "heavy" to whack the puffs to powder.  With all the diy projects Justin and I have been working on, surely I could find something.  As I scanned my kitchen that's when I saw it.  Hiding in the midst of my kitchen utensils was our german beer opener.  It was heavy and flat and worked awesome.  Next, I measured out 1 tbsp of fresh parmasean and added it to the bag.  Separately, I had thawed out Bones, Skinless Chicken breast, rinsed and cut into about 1 inch pieces(to resemble bites).  I added them to a bowl along with 1 tbsp of hot sauce and mixed.  I moved the chicken to the bag of parmasean letting the extra hot sauce drip off and them shook away.  After I felt all the pieces were good and covered I dumped the bag onto my covered cookie sheet and spread them out for even cooking. ( Just a quick tip passed on from my mom & grandma...I cover my cookie sheets for easy clean up )  I backed for about 30minutes and took them out of the oven.  Now I had baked about 11ounces of chicken so I divided part and put it in a container for tomorrow, let the hubby try 1 ounce and then I had my 5ounces of chicken for part of my lean/green meal.  I do want to note that since I used the MF parmasean I only needed to eat 5 times today vs 6.  Besides my house smelling fantastic they tasted awesome as well!  I also mixed a dash of hot sauce to 1 teaspoon of light ranch dressing and mixed and lightly dipped my chicken bits.  With our without the dipping sauce, the chicken tasted great.  Now, when we are eating things like home made chicken nuggets, buffalo wings etc....I can eat this and not feel tempted.  My go to site has been Sandy's Kitchen Adventures. and is where I got this recipe





Here is my finished Crispy Buffalo Chicken Bites



Thank you so much for following my Blog & happy eating :o)

Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment