Thursday, August 23, 2012

Rehweiler...off the beaten path

Guten Abend, Good Evening....There are just so many things I love about Germany.  The weather has been gorgeous today but by this afternoon I was ready to spread my wings and get outdoors.  So I met up with a dear friend of mine, we picked up her 'lil one and headed about 6minutes to the paved path trails.  We parked our vehicles her daughter Shannon hopped on her bike, I leashed up my 4 legged friend Lucy and we were off in the town of Rehweiler and beyond.  Along the way were streams, creeks, bridges, trains, cows, bikers and another family walking their family dog.  It was wonderful to feel the warm sun on my cheeks.  Being in the pet sitting business you grow a love/hate relationship with the weather.  Today I was definitely in love and so was Lucy!  She loves her walks but she also loves a change of pace.  She so badly wanted to hop in the creeks a few times but it was blocked off to keep users of the trail safe.  She was a sport though and continued on to see where the trail would lead us next.  We went about 20minutes and then turned back.  Once we reached the parking area my friend showed me what looked like a fountain.  At looking at the fountain closer, I realized it was a spring that they made a fountain and children were allowed to cool off and  dogs were allowed to stop for a drink, so we did.  It was getting pretty warm, so we sat at the benches under the trees and watched as Shannon played and Lucy got a refreshing drink.  

So if you're ever near Rehweiler and are looking for something to break the monotony of your day, stop by.  Bring a bike, roller blades or if you like me roller skates...hehe I'm a bit unbalanced.  Bring your 4 legged friend, the kids or just go walk with a friend.  Either way its sure to be an amazing ambiance to say the least.

As always, thank you for following my blog & may each of you have a off the beaten path experience :o) 

Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment