Tuesday, August 14, 2012

CHALKBOARD REVEAL

Alles Gute zum Dienstag.....Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!!!!   Whether your weekend has been filled with  traveling, trying a new food, spending time with the family, working on DIY projects or showing some love to your 4 legged friend, I  hope you all have had  an amazing & productive weekend!  We sure have been super busy this weekend.  As you all know, I run Pets Can Vacation Too Doggie Services, which is a vaction "boarding" in our home.  We had a fence put up & had decided to go with a bamboo style "privacy" roll out last summer.  We soon after realized that after mother nature had her way with rain and wind the once nice looking bambo roll out fencing, was falling down and looking just terrible.  So this weekend, my husband made a run to the Toom in Landstuhl, Germany ( its like Lowe's or Home depot in the states) and made a purchase for the green privacy roll out fencing.  It looks awesome!  I'm so pleased with it and am already seeing a difference in quality...wanna know the kicker????  It cost LESS to purchase this, than the bamboo. The roll out bambo cost us 10euro a roll and we had to buy several rolls, the green roll out cost us 8euro & we only needed 7 packages.  Now, instead of sighing with frustration as the rain clouds roll in....I say BRING IT ON!  Below is a picture of what it looks like......
                         
  Below is a photo of what the bamboo fencing looked like

Now, along with the fencing my husband finished installing my Home Made Chalk Board!!!!!  I first saw this in an amazing Interior Designers Home....Mrs. Molly Branstetter....if you havent already you should totally check out her AMAZING blog http://thepoorsophisticate.blogspot.com/2012/08/recycled-hall-reveal.html
I loved it so much and had a frame just laying around and new I just had to at least try and make this chalkboard.  I went to the hobby store on the post and realized for a tiny thing of Chalkboard paint, it was going to cost about 15.00usd....So I left, without my chalkboard paint.  I headed on over to pinterest and found a HOME MADE CHALKBOARD PAINT & guess what???? It worked out.  Now the paint did solidify kind of quickly, but I believe that was due to the fact that I didn't have enough paint.  In germany paint is expensive, it was about 13.00euros for 2 cups of paint!  yikes!!!!  Anyway, i painted my board, it took about 15minutes to completely dry (*note it was a hot day).  I tested a spot with chalk and voiala....so here it is folks....MY VERY OWN CHALKBOARD REVEAL!!!!!

I'd just like to once again say THANK YOU to, " The Poor Sophisticate" without your brilliant design tips, ideas and more....This gorgeous frame would still be home to little creepy crawlies in my attic.  Again, here is the link....y'all should really go check out her blog!  Not only was this great idea on her Blog but many, many more...I will be revealing my striped wall room soon.....that too, was inspired from http://thepoorsophisticate.blogspot.com/2012/08/recycled-hall-reveal.html .

As always, thank you so much for following my blog & may you all have a wonderful week!

Beverly 

No comments:

Post a Comment