Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Trier Christmas Market


City Sidewalks, Busy Sidewalks 
Dressed in Holiday Style
In the air, 
There's a feeling 
of Christmas
Children Laughing
People Passing
Meeting smile after smile
and on every street corner you hear

The 1952 rendition of Silver Bells sung by Bing Crosby & Carol Richards is the first song that popped into my head as I was visiting the town of Trier with my dear friend Molly & her sweet bichon Penny.  My eyes can't decide where to focus with the twinkling Christmas lights, holiday decor, street musicians and wait for it....that's right the CHRISTMAS MARKET!!!!




The smell of Muhled Spiced wine fills the air.  Chestnuts, potato pancakes, pasteries and gingerbread are just a few things to indulge in while your here.  

Several wooden christmas huts are intricately decorated.....though please be careful.  If your clumsy like (clearing throat) me watch your step.  What was put in place to avoid people stumbling over electrical wires, I managed not once by 6 times to trip over a large shinny metal cover on the ground.  Mainly, because my attention & camera were on the creatively designed winter scenes above the huts.  Ah, the life of a budding photographer should come with insurance...lol 

The time someone took to design & decorate.....impressive  


Such a beautiful selection of Advent Candle center pieces


I loved the sparkling berries...One of those "I should have bought that" items
Trier is filled with lots to see Churches, the Porta Nigra, Imperial baths, various shops and a ton of  restaurants.  So coming while the Christmas Market or any market for that matter are taking place are an  added bonus.  





Today we were on a mission: Christmas Market & coffee bags.  I know it sounds crazy, but I had my heart set on using them as my christmas tree skirt this year!!  After what seemed like hours of walking...getting lost in beautiful floral shops and stopping to take pictures I finally heard those magical words, "there it is".  The shop that sells the coffee bags my heart so desired was now about 10feet away from me and yes....I ran with excitement towards them!!!!   The look on the faces of the people inside the coffee shop was hilarious.  My guess is that either they wondered why some crazy American girl was running towards the coffee shop or wondered why in the world I needed a whole ARM FULL of coffee bags!  Either way, that actually added to a great end to such a wonderful day in the city of Trier.  



Our Coffee Bags

Thank you for following my blog

Beverly 










No comments:

Post a Comment