Monday, December 3, 2012

Burg Lichtenburg Christmas Market

Come hither, I bid you....to the Burg Lichtenburg Medival Christmas Market.  This castle holds a very special place in my heart.  I've attended weddings, lunches, romantic dinners and festivals here.  But the best thing about this place is I know I'm almost home when I'm driving on the autobahn and see it in the distance. That's right, I live about 5km away from Burg Lichtenburg and each night before I close my eyes, I have a picturesque view...talk about feeling like a princess :D 


This market serves up delicious hot drinks, noodle dishes, crepes, flammkuchen, home made honey & of course those one of a kind holiday gifts.  Your welcome to come in period clothing, in fact during the medival fesitvals your admission is discounted if not free for doing so.  Today we opted to come bundled up after the gentle snow had fallen all throughout the night and morning.  Pictures are a must here as there are many "candid moments" ready to be captured.  Wanna get warm???  Performers showcased their talents playing period instruments, singing, dancing, fire throwing inside a heated arena.  There were live animals and a chance to try your hand at archery.  It truly is as if you'd fallen back into time.  This market was open for just 2 days(the first advent calendar weekend.......December 1 &2, 2012.  Below are "some" pictures I took while there.  

Here you can get personalized signs & hand made wooden toys

Hand mads jewelry and gloves


Nothing sparks my interest more than seeing this wine crates!!! I use them throughout my home

A vendor in period time clothing selling home made schnapps

Bread, Pizza and fried bread apples w/ sugar YUM

I Love Christmas Markets...number 5 so far this season

More of the market......... in the back is the heated tent where the performers were


My dear friend Vanessa & her daughter

Wool gloves...I should have bought these just couldn't decide which ones I wanted

Amazing 

What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon 

Everyone was lining up to try one of these old Hungarian traditional sweet breads

In the far left of the picture you see the final product a tall "donut like" bread.  You can choose topings such as: coconut, vanilla, nuts or cinnamon sugar.  It was soooo worth the 5euro!!!

Baking it over coals..this guy has a routine to the magic!

Cleaning the holder after every one he makes



Thank you so much for following my blog

Happy Christmas Market Exploring

Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment