Thursday, June 7, 2012

Moving on....

Left: My first day working at the elementary school Rt. going on a field trip with the kindergarten class



top:field trip to the zoo bottom lf. to right: My doctor theme, Diavion this little boy taught me so much & made me <3 special education programs, At home organizing my children book collection for my class

Fall festival (halloween carnival)elementary tech prep teachers
 
 Moving on....is it really just that easy for some? I for one know that depending on how I'm presented with change I don't entirely do well, but sometimes, change is what is needed.   See, I went to college and graduated back in '03 with a degree in Child Development.  Prior too, during and up until '09 I diligently poured my almost entire life and money into working with children in: accredited military child development centers, working in the public school for kindergarten and then moving into the "leave no child behind" program working with 3-5yr old special education in the public school, I even dabbed in being a nanny for a brief time.  No matter which job I was holding, I would always go all in, one lesson was music, I got in contact with my friend who's a musician, talked him into bringing his band, performing at the daycare center and he allowed the children to "test out" the instruments!  It was awesome, several of my lessons were always like that.  I loved my job, I loved making my classroom kids smile & always did my best to keep things fresh/new.  At some point though, I stopped LOVING my job.  Friends and Family would ask, are you feeling ok?  I physically wasn't looking well.  I was becoming emotionally/physically drained and miserable.  I became "that" person who hated going to work, bottom line, I had lost passion.  I truly believe that children are our future & they deserve the BEST.  It is very hard to come to a point where you say, I'm burnt out and have to walk away in a job you've committed so much too.  However, it was time & in May of '09 I realized I was no longer giving the best to a group of small people who deserved just that & sadly walked away from being a Childcare Professional.  After about a month, I hadn't yet realized but had physically/mentally done a 180.  People I hardly saw would see me in the shoppette, commissary, at functions, picnics and all say the same, Wow, you look great!  You look so happy.  I'd say, "thank you" and then quickly say, "wait, did I look sick?"  "Yes & tired," was the reply.  Ya know, until people pointed it out, I did always feel tired, I would get sick a lot, I always felt on edge...very snappy at people.  I now felt great...always laughing, smiling & just plain enjoying my life.  So the question presented was, " is it really just that easy for some"?  I can't speak for everyone but for me, no.  Someone had a bigger plan for me.  So big that I would find my once lost PASSION.  It amazes me how people are strategically placed in our lives to offer say "a vet recommended socialization technique for my dog".  Which then guides me into being my own boss and running my own legitimate german business .  Who knew how much bigger and better my life would get.  From broadening the new and amazing people I would meet to making my already loving marriage into an even more passionate one.  I truly am very blessed! 
I do think about it from time to time, have great "stories & experiences" to share but don't see myself going back, I can honestly say, "It was quite a ride & I wouldn't have changed anything for the world but......I've moved on.

Bev

2 comments:

  1. I love that you shared these pics!!! great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I have so many more, but these are some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete